Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Saturday, September 6, 2014

5:50am on Sunday Sept 7

This is the view from the window of my Tongling apartment. This cage is used to hang laundry, for pot plants and to hold drying mops, buckets and shoes. The cloud of smoke is engulfing a nearby apartment. The neighbors there thoughtfully chose 5:50am on Sunday morning as the time to explode a bunch of fireworks. I've just gotten up to close my windows before more gun smoke wafts inside.
I'm not sure why we are being treated to fireworks today. There is a national holiday tomorrow (mid Autumn Festival) where people give moon cakes as gifts. However, all week I've been hearing explosions at random times of the day or night. I don't think this morning's show is related to any festival. Perhaps someone needs to drive out a few personal demons or mark some event known only to him or her. It's quite amazing. No one is else is paying one bit of notice. No lights are coming on, nor are there any angry shouts from the apartments all around here.
It's all apparently totally normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment