Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Accessible on the Chesiahud Bike trail

Every Sunday anyone can sign up for a free sail at Seattle's Center for Wooden Boats. I did that today, at 11am, after I signed up for sailing lessons. I will ride my bike to the dock on Lake Union starting April 25, and re-up the certificate I earned 20 years ago, at Seward Park, when I learned how to handle a little keeled boat on Lake Washington. I'm not as agile as I used to be for sure. But I learned to swim practically the same time when I learned to walk, so I hsve never feared the water.
I'm long overdue on returning to my first love, water sports. It's certainly a lot cooler here than in the great
Aussie state of Queensland. Still, being able to ride AND sail, from my doorstep, well, that's one of the fabled benefits of living in the Pacific NW. I feel optimistic today, as well as blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment