Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Miss the ferry so over to Lopez Island Vineyard

Looks like I misread the ferry schedule so no 3pm ferry to Anacortes. Instead I have to wait til 6:15. So I chained my backpack to a post at the dock, In response to being told that WSF can't be responsible for my bag. For heaven's sake this is Lopez Island, where people are generally real. Then I rode back to town, to have a cheese and fruit plate and a glass of excellent white. Perfect to read my Anne Mustoe. That remarkable woman is my idol, a solo over 50 year old woman who rode around the world at least twice and appreciated good food and drink. I've been studying g her "how to" book for ideas about my unexpected radical change in my future. She was a widow. I too have lost my life partner and at a crossroads. I hope I find inspiration with this brave retired British headmistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment