Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Upgrade at the Harbor Island 5-Way

It's an exceptional late November weekend with sun. I decided to do the 30 mile out and back to Alki from home in NW Seattle.
Looks like this truly horrible rubbish strewn torn up intersection is finally having a bike lane installed. It's a curious counter intuitive, ride on the left route.
Lucky for me, I learned to drive on the left. Still, this will be a new danger spot until West Seattle drivers get used to bicycles taking these lanes.
There will be a few sore "bikers don't pay road taxes" complaints, but they'll be ignored. I don't mind more bike infrastructure at all, and, as it happens, do pay road taxes. As a Seattle homeowner I pay lots of taxes. Some of them are dubious. However, in return I get to live in a nice place. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment